Sunday, September 11, 2011

Annoying DNS Problem

If you cannot reach this blog [1], your ISP is probably Telekom Austria.

Since about early August this year, they must have changed something in their DNS infrastructure that no longer allows them (nor their clients) to resolve it-conservations.com (nor execmampf.at - my food blog - for that matter).

I was affected, too.
When I noticed this, I asked some google+ followers to check from their side, and only Telekom Austria (aon) customers had problems.
Interestingly, their mobile half (a1.net) and their nameservers don't have a problem.

Well, I changed the nameserver setting on my router at home to 8.8.8.8 (Google nameserver); so all my clients work fine now.

So if you can read this despite of DNS problems and you are NOT on Telekom Austria, kindly let me know in the comments section.

--
[1] but you are reading this right now... weird :)

4 comments:

m3 - Martin Leyrer said...

Oh, yeah. The A1 DNS sucks big time. Annoys me every time i use my mobile.

astifter said...

My router hands out Google DNS information so I have never had any problems.

When asked directly the A1-DNS servers (194.48.124.200, 194.48.139.254) still can't figure out an IP address for neither execmampf.at nor it-conservations.com.

:(

Roman said...

@martin: the a1.net dns / mobile works fine for me; the DSL version (aon) is broken

mhantsch said...

works fine for me - drei.at mobile network and my (small, independant) ISP technix.at (actually they are now called differently but I can't remember right now)